There are plenty of work at home opportunities. Some ideas are to take paid surveys on your smartphone, be a secret shopper, or try to find work as a VA. Working at home can be awesome as long as you have a sound basis for what you’re actually doing. When looking for a job you can do from your own place, make sure you have a sound basis in place or you might get pretty frustrated pretty quick.
Let me give you a brick-and-mortar example, and that will help make it clearer.
If you were going to work as an airplane pilot, you’d need the following as a basis for doing the work:
- You’d need a certain level of ease. You wouldn’t have any ease at all if you didn’t have the right training before you started. You’d have to be certified and have lots of practice hours in, or you’d be taking your own life (and everyone else’s) into your hands. You’d have to be trained by people you trusted to show you the safest way to do this work, or it would be terrifying and potentially fatal.
- You’d have to be willing to do the work. You could be licensed, practiced, and hired, but if you were too lazy to get up and go to work at whatever times you’re needed, you wouldn’t make it as a pilot. You’d need an expectation that there would be requirements to meet and that you’d be willing to meet them. Otherwise, you’d have no logical basis of taking all that training and investing all the time and money to get licensed.
- You’d have to expect to be paid properly for the effort you put in, both during the training process, and on the job. That’s a pretty sound basis for pursuing any opportunity, no matter where the opportunity is located.
When you look for work-at-home opportunities, you need to keep all three of these points in mind. Otherwise, you’re not looking at a very viable and sustainable way to make money.
In my opinion, online marketing is one of the best ways to make some extra money and if you’re good enough and diligent enough, you might just make enough to replace your 9-to-5 income. Not everyone makes it – in fact, the majority don’t – but the ones who get qualified coaching, work at it, and stick to it can find huge success. To be successful online, you’ve got to have three things going for you:
- You’ve got to get the information you need. You can find a company, like MOBE (My Online Business Education), that will help you get all the training you need, or you can just try to Google everything you need to know as the need arises.
- You’ve got to be willing to put in the hours and attention. You can’t just shoot from the hip and expect to make millions overnight. It doesn’t work that way.
- You’d have to have a reasonable expectation that all the hours and thinking you put into the effort will pay off. Check and see what other people say about the opportunity you’re pursuing, and if it rings true to you, check it out.
Work at Home Opportunities can be great, but not all of them are. Do the math, check your assumptions about the job you’re seeking, and see if everything adds up to a good opportunity for you. You’re always going to be the best judge of what works – and doesn’t work – for you.
Have you tried any of these opportunities? Do you have any questions or comments about them? Please feel free to use the comments form below. I’d be happy to do anything I can do to help.